Most popular commonly asked questions
1. What is your refund policy?
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.
2. What about travel insurance?
Travel insurance is mandatory for our trips. All of our cars and boats are insured.
3. What’s the inclement weather policy?
It depends on the weather. You will get a full refund in bad weather but are expected to show up in light rain.
4. Do you offer custom itineraries?
If you have a special request for your group, we will be happy to tailor an itinerary to match your specifications. Contact us with a detailed request, and we will get back to you ASAP!
5. How long have you been in the adventure travel business?
Eco Adventures Puerto Escondido has been around officially since December 2018. However, all our local guides have over 5 years of experience.
6. Is transportation included from our Hotel / Airbnb?
Absolutely! Transportation is included both ways as long as you are in Puerto Escondido! La Barra de Colotepec is not included.
7. What if we are outside of Puerto Escondido?
We can pick you up with an additional transportation fee, depending on your location.
8. Where are you located?
We are currently an online company and do not have a physical office.
9. What should I bring?
Most of our tours are during the day and at sunset. You can always bring along sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent. For water activities, definitely bring along swimsuits, towels and sandals. If possible, please purchase biodegradable products. We can always make a difference!
10. Are pets allowed on any of the tours?
No, they aren’t allowed unless it is a private tour. This is to avoid allergic reactions from other clients.
11. What are you doing to be a sustainable tour company?
We offer free English classes to the locals and do community outreach when possible. We hope to one day dedicate a sector of the organization to community programs. We’re currently in the process of starting a reforestation program. We also abide by local guidelines and respect the local nature and community in the places we visit on our tours.
12. In the rainy season, do you have raincoats or umbrellas to lend?
Yes, we use raincoats!