Baby Sea Turtle Release
Daily: 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
“Witness the Miracle of Life: Baby Sea Turtle Release Tour at Sanctuary of Escobilla!”
Details & Itinerary
Are you ready for an experience that will leave you in awe? Join us at Eco Adventures Puerto Escondido for a unique and unforgettable baby sea turtle release tour at the stunning Sanctuary of Escobilla.
Immerse yourself in the wonders of nature as you witness the incredible life cycle of these magnificent creatures. Our expert guides will share their knowledge about the various species of sea turtles that inhabit this region, their incubation process, and the challenges they face in the wild.
If you’re lucky, you may even get to witness sea turtles arriving at the beach to lay their eggs! It’s a magical experience that you’ll cherish forever.
As the sun begins to set, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in releasing a baby sea turtle into its natural habitat, marking the beginning of their journey in the wild. It’s a truly unforgettable moment that you’ll feel proud to have been a part of.
Don’t miss out on this rare opportunity to witness the beauty and wonder of nature. Book your baby sea turtle release tour now and join us for a one-of-a-kind experience at the Sanctuary of Escobilla with Eco Adventures Puerto Escondido.
- Be a part of an eco-friendly campaign
- Get to know a beach off the beaten path
- Safely release a baby turtle
What You Should Bring
- Water shoes or sandals
What Is Included
- Round trip transportation
- Sea turtle preservations facts
- Drinking water
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is transportation included with this tour? Yes, we pick you up from your place of stay free of charge if it is located within Puerto Escondido. We can provide transportation for outside city limits for additional charge.
- When will I get picked-up for my tour? Pick-up times for this tour start at about 5:00 pm with the last pick-up at about 5:30 pm.
- Are all fees covered with the cost of the tour? Yes, there are no additional costs for this tour.
- What safety measured should I know about before starting the tour? The baby sea turtles cannot be held in your hands for both your wellbeing and the wellbeing of the sea turtle.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will be considered on an individual basis, depending on the circumstances.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
About The Sanctuary
The Sanctuary of Escobilla is a protected area located on the coast of Oaxaca, Mexico. It is one of the largest nesting sites for the Olive Ridley sea turtle in the world. Every year, hundreds of thousands of sea turtles come to the beaches of Escobilla to lay their eggs.
The sanctuary is managed by the National Commission of Natural Protected Areas (CONANP) and is dedicated to the conservation of the sea turtles and their habitat. Visitors to the sanctuary can observe the turtles nesting and hatching, and learn about the conservation efforts to protect these endangered animals.
What is the baby sea turtle release about?
Seven of the eight species of sea turtles that exist in the world reach Mexican coasts to lay their eggs. This phenomenon occurs both in the Pacific and in certain parts of the Gulf and the Caribbean. The female turtles look for a good place to make a nest, which they create by digging a hole about 40 to 50 centimeters deep. Once the nest is made, they deposit their fertilized eggs in it and cover them with sand. About two months later, the baby turtles hatch and begin pushing sand to the surface.