National Park of Chacahua Sunset Experience
Daily: 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Lagoon Boat Tour
(when available, dependant on conditions)
“Escape Puerto for the day and head to this magical island to experience truly unique local culture and nature”
Details & Itinerary
Escape to a magical island in the National Park of Chacahua with Eco Adventures Puerto Escondido!
Chacahua is one of the most beautiful, underrated, and unique places in Oaxaca, Mexico and even the world.
In this experience, you’ll cross through mangrove labyrinths by boat to arrive at this magical island. There you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy traditional food, Afromexican culture, and breathtaking views.
We’ll hike to Chacahua’s “arc of love” for a spectacular sunset. On the trip back, we’ll stop at the lagoon and swim in bioluminescence* to end the experience in the most magical fashion.
*only available when conditions are favorable
- Mangrove labyrinth boat tour.
- A hike on the island.
- Bioluminescence swim.
- Traditional Oaxacan meal (not included, but available for purchase onsite).
What You Should Bring
- Casual and comfortable clothes.
- Hiking shoes or sandals.
- Cash is recommended (no ATMs available).
What Is Included
- Round trip transportation.
- Refreshing Beverages: water, mezcal, beer.
- Boat trip.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is transportation included with this tour? Yes, we pick you up from your place of stay free of charge if it is located within Puerto Escondido. We can provide transportation for outside city limits for additional charge.
- When will I get picked-up for my tour? Pick-up times for this tour start at about 30 minutes before the start of the tour.
- Will there be a bioluminescence swim on my tour? The bioluminescence is dependent on several factors. The phase of the moon can increase chances (new moon) or decrease chances (full moon) of seeing the bioluminescence.
- Life jackets provided.
- Guides are certified and trained in first aid.
- Transportation services are insured.
- Shaded boats.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will be considered on an individual basis, depending on the circumstances.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.